Thursday, December 02, 2010

Reverb - December 1's entry

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)

2010 - Authentic
I think maybe this is the word I chose in 2009, but I have really been trying to live it this year.

Being authentic sometimes means recognizing who I am and how I am in the world. It is not so much changing or realigning even, rather it is loving myself just as I am.

2011 - Open
In my travels with authentic I have had to confront the pained, hurt, bruised self and all the behaviors that implies. In the acknowledgment of that self is the key to healing and moving beyond.

Open... and, therefore, hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment