Friday, December 24, 2010

Resources

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK
What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?


[Without apologies ... I am desperately trying to finish this on NYE in NYC]

I have been mulling this prompt for way too long. I am sure that this year, like every other, has been full of moments that prove that everything is going to be okay, but it seems so definite to choose just one.

The first thought that flashed when I read the prompt was a picture of me flying across the sidewalk, landing wonder-woman(NOT)-like on the ground.

Why was this proof that everything is going to be ok?

I jumped up, literally brushed myself off and sped to my appointment without regard for the pain or the blood.

I might have been dazed and confused or just sure that it was not that big of a deal.

It hurt like hell...but in my mind I just thought, well, I took the brunt of that discussion about whether or not to pass me in my body. No problem.

And, I still have the scars on my elbows and one (!?!) knee, but I am just fine.

It was a bruising and it was just like the universe does without warning or rhyme or reason. There was not an explanation for the fall, it just was.

And I was fine... I didn't chip a tooth or hit my head. I landed sprawled but not truly injured.

It was the universe saying you have the resources... I was going to need to know that I had the resources soon enough, this was an indication, not a warning.

Hoping it makes sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment