Thursday, December 23, 2010

Baptism

December 23 – New Name
Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)


Writing about a saint for the last five or so weeks has got my head stuck in the church ... hence the title of this piece.

What comes to mind is my Christmas present ... the one I designed and bought for myself.

It arrived today and is in my stocking. You see the restraint?

Anyway, it is the necklace with the two words I want to manifest in 2011 ... manifest is not exactly right, maybe embrace is better. Just imagine the agonizing I did deciding on the two words: fierce and known.

FIERCE - strong in the resilient way, determined, committed, unashamed, there's more, but I am too tired to elaborate. I hope you get the picture.

KNOWN - if I have to explain this one, it probably isn't worth the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment