Monday, December 27, 2010

Ordinary Joy

December 27 – Ordinary Joy
Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown)


[In the name of truth ... I am sitting in a sb in NYC on December 31st ... trying to get at least some of these posts updated.]

I have been feeling rushed and drowsy for the past few days ... the long awaited crash has finally taken over. I am loving these prompts but don't have the energy to do them justice. But, I will try ...

One of my most joyful moments this year was at Brian and Stephanie's wedding ... for which we planned the wedding reunion last night (it was a blast, by the way).

It was a wedding weekend and it began inauspiciously ... I was tired and fearful and grouchy and managed to piss everyone off before we left the airport.

It got better, though; I realize now that all three of us in the car were carrying our own fears of being trapped among wedding revelers. Truthfully, at that moment I felt like I was staring down the barrel of a large gun, maybe a canon. I had just not enjoyed any nuptials since my divorce, maybe even before that ...

The event was joyful and loving and fantastically hilarious. I don't think I have clicked with folks or had real joy like that in so long that I couldn't really remember the last time I had laughed that hard or heartily.

The reunion on Sunday night was just as boisterous and joyful...though this time I was ready, theoretically, for it... no fear, just the desire to let my hair down and really enjoy the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment