Sunday, December 26, 2010

good eats

December 26 – Soul Food What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins)


Best meal I had in a long time was at Cafe Pasqual in Santa Fe.

Everything was just good, simple and good... not too much sauce covering up for not so good.

Perhaps the best was the dessert sampler ... everything on that plate was awesome.

A friend in from Oakland was there ... and we agreed, it was as good as anything we had in the bay area and that is saying a lot.

Even the wait staff's tshirts made me want to stay and be friends.

Looking forward to the next time I dine there ...

Another great place is the Boot and Shoe Service in Oakland ... it opened after I left, but this summer, I got a couple of good meals there. The best: soft serve ice cream with sea salt ... YUM. There wine was yummy too. And you have to love a place that likes the old sign out so much that they keep the name. Love it. Miss Oakland... can't believe I will not be there anymore this year.

I am a creature of habit, so wherever I am a regular there is usually something that is feeding my soul besides the food...

There are definitely others that are standouts...briefly
Fish tacos with freshly made tortillas at the little mariscos place near 3129
Fancy mac n cheese at the Standard Diner
Happy hour wine and food at Zinc always makes me happy, especially late happy hour on Sunday evenings

I am still trying to get over the Chocolate Cafe being closed ... and losing the Pudge Bros.

Just might add some in NYC in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

  1. and I am gifting myself with Pasqual's for my birthday next week...

    also, I love when the comments section demands: CHOOSE AN IDENTITY... if only it were that easy!

    ReplyDelete