Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tender

I feel like maybe I have written a post titled tenderness before and meant it in a similar way.

I was just noticing how easily I become crestfallen lately.

It may not be noticeable to others, but I feel my sails losing their wind even at perceived slights.

This is a key part: *perceived*

But what I came here to remark on was not that...

It might be that by being more open, I am more tender, more vulnerable. Hurt more easily... hoping this is just the way to being open and not a permanent state.

It seems excessive to need to be bucked up so often, and it reminds me to be lonely in a way that smarts.

My heart is tender, bruising like an overly ripened fruit.

It feels ultra indulgent to be so easily moved to tears or pain or any feeling really.

Is this the way people are supposed to feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment