Tuesday, February 01, 2011

snow

I don't like rain ... and when I have things to do, I like snow even less.

If one could be assured of time and opportunity to make snow angels or sled, it would be another matter.

Instead I am wondering how I get to and around campus without injuring myself.

I am longing for J's extra pair of Uggs right now and crossing my fingers.

In other news, I have been eating cake since Sunday night ... it's birthday week and it is not looking good for the diet or the working out. YIKES...

Last night, I met the cutest couple out celebrating their 40th anniversary since their blind date ... eating pizza and drinking champagne. Lovely.

It's nice to see *love* in the world. Like a little match in a dark cave, it gives me that glimmer of hope...

I am not taking pictures of this "snow" (and it's in quotation marks because it is not really snow, it is a nuisance... not enough for fun and too much to just be pretty and then go away ... and it reminds me just how cold it is).

I would pretend it was not even happening if they would just cancel all activity today... instead of two hours of it. I have a long, full day ahead of me.

Back to work.

This is where I would rather be

UPDATE: while I was uploading the picture, I got the text, it's official SNOW DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment