Monday, February 21, 2011

News Round Up ...

Here are a few from last week that missed the first round up ...

I love me some Magnum, P. I. I am sure I have seen every episode a dozen times, but I haven't brought myself to actually watch the new one. This review, however, made me really think about whether or not I have another hour in the week to devote to television. [BTW, the answer is NO but maybe while I am washing dishes...]

10 years ago, sadly 10 years too late for me, Princeton decided to not have students take out loans ... here is their review of the program. Since it is Princeton on Princeton, just no it won't be hyper if at all critical of the program. Then, again, since Harvard keeps getting the buzz on the decision, which they entered into many, many years later, I guess some peacock behavior is understandable on Princeton's part.

I watched this trial through covered eyes because I am not hopeful or trusting of our legal system or even our populace to make appropriate decisions whenever the word "immigrant" is used. A guilty verdict in this case isn't going to bring back this little nine-year-old or her father, but I hope that it will knock some sense into the crazy vigilantes who think they are protecting the country's honor by killing people they believe are undocumented.

Signs of the times ... education, higher education in particular, is so important right now. I hope folks will spend some time prioritizing the dollars they spend so that education is not on the bottom of the list despite the strains of budget deficits, spiraling costs and the economic situation in general...

So, I started off with a sort of light article on Tom Selleck ... so don't shoot me for the rest being downers. I am working on a round up with more silver lining stories... Happy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment