Wednesday, February 16, 2011

new habits

One of the things I came to rely on fb for was my clipping service and the place where I could post up articles that moved me ...

In the spirit of honoring creating new habits, I am going to do a news round up ... not every day, just once a week or so, or more if there are things that really need to get posted. I had stopped putting them here because the links die... however, I post these in the spirit of the day, not to live forever.

This article, titled: "Spanish-language radio drama tackles gay issues," warmed my heart as much as that piece on the prom queen/kings did a couple of years ago. Who would have thought that the Central Valley of California would figure out how to be gay friendly? Not me, that's for sure. I am so glad that there are people out there that can challenge my biases!
[another try on the link, just in case. http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_15996/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=IONRUFAD]

Truth be told, this article is for my own research. It is about how the local school district is worried about the new governor's education chief who has hired eight consultants who will remake NM education in FL's image. Not to mention that the state is in such dire financial straits that is it not hiring staff at regular salary, but paying high fees for three months of consultancy.

[another copy of the link: http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_15980/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=PtqNqyd0]

No comments:

Post a Comment