Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NRU links...


For the I LOVE LA (really the I heart the LA Times) file a fantastic story about a farming community in the heart of Compton and another about Charles Lummis' house. Yeah, you are just going to have to read them to figure it all out.

I have just been waiting for someone to say this. Was there ever really a doubt that the diplomatic immunity that was being applied to this bizarre situation was really a cover for some covert operations. After last week's JAR talk and the coffee I had with Dr. Price, there was no doubt in my mind. Perhaps he was shooting in self-defense, but his position in Pakistan certainly makes it difficult to take his word at face value. I hope that he gets a fair trial, but I think he should be subject to the justice of the country where the act was committed. Not to mention that the US would never try him for it here.

Another story from the LA Times on the Ruben Salazar files and how they intend to *share* them with the public and whether this will quell the speculation. And a column from Tobar. And a couple of articles from their archives.

photo credits: since most of the photos are about Los Angeles, more of lovely Union Station, this time of the little patio!

No comments:

Post a Comment