Friday, February 18, 2011

the mind wanders


While I work for the evil empire, my online job, I have to keep my sanity by checking into websites. It is a wonder where the mind will go.

This week, while listening to a few of my favorite James Taylor tunes ... you'll find two of them in the v-day post... I decided that I really didn't know anything about JT. So, off to Wikipedia I went between items.

It was a super long article... and a pretty sad and winding road that man has traveled.

I am not sure how I feel about it. There was some beautiful innocence about not knowing about his heroin habit or his bouts with depression. On the other hand, it adds another layer to my love for his music.

Thankfully, I have a reprieve this morning ... no work, though I need the money, I think I need the sleep and time to think and read more.

Happy Friday.

photo credit: from the last coastal train trip last summer ... this one is for JT. I used to call these grasshoppers...

1 comment: