Thursday, February 17, 2011

News Round Up


Remembering Larry... it is a hard anniversary to be sure, but I am glad that these college students are not letting it slip into oblivion. With the trial set to start for the young man who took Larry's life in May, it is the perfect time to remember the tragedy, and to work on ways to make sure that other children are not put in this position (and I mean both sides -- because, really, both of those boys lost their lives that day.)

I heard these two stories on NPR the other day and think they are worth sharing...

A Friend Calls, and a Best Friend Moves to Help ... these are the kinds of stories that remind you of the goodness of people and the power of connecting with other.

Morning Edition decided to cover the Ruben Salazar file release story ... as far as I know, we are still waiting.

This one is for my friend who is writing articles for an online subsidiary of AOL for very little...

I guess that's it for now... Tomorrow, I will, however, be tuning into Tell Me More's Barbershop and Morning Editions StoryCorps ... almost every one is a winner.

photo credit: from the last Oakland-Oxnard train trip... this was the house we always looked for on our way to Santa Barbara on any road trip. We thought it looked like Witchy-Poo's house from a TV show that I couldn't even name. Anyone out there reading this old enough to know which show it was??

No comments:

Post a Comment