Thursday, September 22, 2011

comfort food

Not feeling very well today ... especially the headache that turned into a nightmare that contributed to not finishing all the work that was due today ...

So, I made myself some comfort food... I wish I had the energy to take a picture for you.  You'll just have to imagine it.

I had some roasted veggies (summer squash, carrots and butternut squash) left over and a Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza crust calling my name.  So I made a harvest pizza... I made the sauce with fresh garlic, olive oil, spices and a can of tomato paste. I warmed the roasted veggies by adding them to the sauce. I was a little unconventional due to the cheese holdings: one chopped up string cheese, two portions of light feta and some three cheese lite Mexican blend. 

The sauce made it irresistible, and I just kept eating way past full... but there is plenty left for tomorrow.  I didn't go that crazy.

In fact, I saved you a piece or four ... just come by to pick it up before I get hungry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment