Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Ride

I have been taking the advice of another blogger ... and I use my ride time as therapy.  How do I do this, you might ask.

I sing ... loudly.  I use my body and my hands.  I belt it out... whatever it is I am listening to.

One really wonderful byproduct of my ex-husband being an asshole is that I have a cassette player in my car (it's a long story, but suffice to say he said, "no" to me getting the cd upgrade for the car... as if he were paying for it).

And I have all these homemade mixed tapes in the console between the front seats.  Sometimes they are unmarked, so it is a treasure hunt of sorts when I put it into the player.

A couple of weeks ago, I put in a tape, and I got some seriously tailor made therapy.

Here are some of the songs:











Oh, Tracy Chapman, did you have a window into my soul? What a treasure. Back pain or not, I am looking forward to this voice and the gorgeous landscape this morning...hope your Tuesday brings healing to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment