Wednesday, August 03, 2011

ISP blues

update: the technician did call...to say he was about 20 minutes (read 30-40) away on the day he wasn't supposed to show up...at about 10 minutes before the end of the "window" of time allotted. So, I packed up and went home.

He told me that the issue was not the modem but the connection between the main line that comes into the apartment building and my apartment. He said there is nothing he can do about it.... I am supposed to be connecting at 1.5 something, but in my apartment it is at about in 100 and out 300, dismal, like having an old dial up modem. Awesome. I have 2o some days left with this service and then I have to figure out what to do. Talking to Verizon about the anywhere card... no other real choice. YUCK.
...
I hate my ISP. And there are really no alternatives because I already hated the other ISP in the area before I moved here.

Now I have no internet service, and I am theoretically waiting for the technician they said would arrive TOMORROW, 8/3. Yeah, that's how bad they are. They don't even know what day it is.

Today is 8/3. And to confirm, get this, they send me an email, which I could not receive until I left the house in search of internet service. In said email, they allow you to "track your service technician" but when I put in my account number, it says that no service is scheduled for me today. I should check back on the day I have service scheduled. Yeah... right.

I am plotting now where to go next for internet service ... when my TWO year contract is up at the end of this month. I am ALMOST considering going month to month just to have the option of getting out of something...

photo credits: ME, fancy camera, at Acoma Sky City. This is a shot of the wall. I wanted a picture of something LOW TECH that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment