Sunday, August 21, 2011

all I can manage

I am trying desperately to trudge through the work I have due TOMORROW...

and all I can manage to share today are articles...

so, here is one about race, class and privilege ... I haven't seen the movie based on another story like this, but I imagine this more succinctly describes the situation.

I am interested in how the Los Angeles Times portrays this story as a rivalry between two sides of the Bay (not hiding the notion that Bay Area folks can be as violent as Southern Californians).  [The updated headline goes directly to the Times point, it was not quite as direct what I read it this morning.] I almost missed the story on sfgate.com because they were not playing up the rivalry angle in the headline.  My first thought, however, was that perhaps there is more here about the economy and our overall angst about our future mixed together with the well studied high testosterone levels associated with folks watching sporting events.

On a lighter note, I am counting down to seeing this again in a few weeks... it will be a much needed respite from all the emotions swirling.  Really looking forward to it...

And to help us out of the dumps, someone who just does it... whatever needs to be done.  We could use a few more like her everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment