Wednesday, July 27, 2011

through the window?


This photo, believe it or not, is of a traditional window in Acoma Pueblo's Sky City.

Light filters through, but cold and heat do not. It is not meant to be something you can see through, rather it is something you see with.

I am deep into writing boot camp, day three.

I have composed two long pieces about my research this summer so far, each more than 15 pages. I also composed another piece about one of my interviews as well as rescued one from my Ipod that I composed on a train ride home. I also revised one paper so far. Oh, and I applied to two jobs, one letter was already drafted, but I made revisions, and the other had to be drafted during day two.

So, I have been very productive. Turns out if you actually write straight for five or six hours that there is a ton that gets done. I still have a ways to go to finish everything that I proposed to finish this week.

I am sharing this one article with you today because I don't want the link to die before I post it. It is the story of a young man from Oakland who learned Chinese opera, in part because he was in a public school that served mainly Chinese students and they had a special class as an elementary student. I am sad to say that I couldn't find any local papers had picked up the AP story. But, I did read about him in the local papers when he was still in elementary school...

More pictures and quotes soon... maybe even that last post in the drafts folder, but probably not before next week.

Photo credit: Me, fancy camera, May 2011 at Acoma with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment