Tuesday, July 26, 2011

mantras

Short and sweet hasn't really been working for me lately. When I need bucking up, I need the long piece one of my favorite people posted back on February 1, 2009:
You are loved
Really
Truly
Just as you are.
And you don't need to look
Outside yourself
For validation anymore…
You are held and known and treasured
For all that you are
Not just the good parts.
Let that truth remind you
To be compassionate
With your own heart,
To extend to yourself,
The compassion you give to others.
There is nothing to fix
Because who you are
However human
Is always enough
To be loved
Right now

2/1/2009 Andrea Scher (The original Superhero)


Yesterday, she posted her latest mantra, and challenged her readers to post theirs. I don't know if any of these count as mantras, but they are some quotes that ring true during this time of making new agreements.
The snow goose
Need not bathe
To make itself white
Neither need you
Do anything
But be yourself.
-Lao Tse


Change is always powerful.
Let your hook be always cast.
In the pool where you
Least expect it,
Will be a fish.
-Ovid


Time flies
Sun rises
Shadows fall
Let time go by
Love is
Forever
Over all.
-From an old sundial

There will probably be more soon with some photos I took of the beautiful New Mexico sky. Here are photos of me with my older siblings back when I didn't know how to hide my feelings. I also didn't know that there was any reason to think I was less than back then. Trying to recapture some of that innocence... or at least to let go of some of the cynicism that is holding me back now.

1 comment: