Friday, July 01, 2011

ed news light

The feds are rating colleges... I don't know really what to do with this kind of information. On the one hand, it could be useful because cost should be a consideration in choosing a college. But, overall, it might not be the most important choice. This article makes it seem like it is...

While we are on the topic of college and sticker shock, I should say "college," and seducing people into believing that dollars will buy you dreams... I saw this frontline piece, very sad ... why are these folks not connecting the dots with the people who are saying college is not worthwhile?

Finally, a lovely guest piece from Tony Cox about educating Black males... he reached deep into his personal experience as a professor for this practical advice. I can't say I don't agree with all of it, particularly how it is much easier said than done -- and that we should only try if we are going to give it our all.

No comments:

Post a Comment