Monday, July 11, 2011

Sometimes in your life you feel like these palms. All around you, the wind moves the fronds in many different directions at once.

At least, my life feels just like this right now.
So many different ideas, issues and complications are vying for my attention. I am somewhat disoriented by the need to make decisions. It feels as though I need to decide NOW. To trust whatever solutions pop to mind first rather than to think through them.

But the wind blows so erratically, it is impossible to know which issue is more imperative, and which solution will serve the broadest greater good.

The long, thin yet strong trunk sways, but holds the palm steady enough while the fronds stretch and twist wildly threatening to fall and sometimes flying off the palm as though they were crazy war-like projectiles.

So, I go to meditation to escape into some kind of mental quiet, do as much yoga as I can manage, and hope for enlightening dreams when I close my eyes.

And, I try to believe that my trunk can withstand this personal hurricane.

photo credits: me, in Puerto Rico. This is on the grounds of the Bacardi tour to be exact.

No comments:

Post a Comment