Tuesday, July 05, 2011

SB Reentry

My first day back in sb, this is what I encounter:

These little girls are something else. Little, is relative, here. They are probably 15, maybe 16, maybe 14. They are waiting for one of their fathers to come pick them up.

Three of them, come in and sit in different places but then speak loudly enough to talk to each other from different parts of the cafe.

Two are reading a book that is supposed to teach them "dirty Spanish." The third is busy, "checking in all three of us" and texting unknown people, I am guessing young men.

Yeah... I had barely gotten settled when they arrived and I struggled to quickly disentangle my headphones so I could escape their conversation.

I am a little out of practice in the sit in sb and get stuff done department.

No comments:

Post a Comment