Friday, April 08, 2011

Yet Another Update

So, technically, I am graduating with my Masters this year ... I was supposed to get it in the spring ceremony, but apparently I missed the memo on having to send a separate email requesting to graduate. Therefore, I will actually receive the degree in the summer, but I will participate in all the spring festivities.

To add to this *news* -- I was officially accepted into the PhD program after we consulted with the profs to let them know that they had neglected to tell us whether or not we were accepted. That is to say, I received a lovely letter from my adviser letting me know that I was *in* and all that.

I also received a not so lovely letter informing me that I had not been granted an NSF, and another from the Ford Foundation. I added this to the letter informing me I didn't get the alumni scholarship. I am still waiting to hear from one more scholarship whose application I sent in last fall. And there are at least two others that I should apply to...

It looks fairly grim for the funding ... maybe the department will come through with an assistantship... maybe I will need to get a *real-ish* job, or maybe I will just take the loans this year in order to maximize the studying time.

We'll see...

Como diria mi madre espanola, "siempre hay un amanecer..."

ya veremos lo que llega

photo credits: September 2009 atop of the Sandia Mountains, not really day break ...actually night fall.

1 comment: