Wednesday, March 02, 2011

News Round Up ... reluctantly compiled...

I am really too busy for this, but I have been biting my tongue for long I am about to lose the tip of it.

I don't always agree with Sandy Banks, but on this one, I appreciate her conciliatory way of telling it like it is. Someone said yesterday, "I should be in Wisconsin," and I couldn't agree more. I am standing with my union homies from afar... even though I haven't been in a union in almost 10 years.

For the I *heart* LA photo essay on a Frank Lloyd Wright home in the Los Feliz section of Los Angeles... wow. For the word (versus photo) version, see this link.

The obituary of a reluctant yet powerful critic of homophobia, particularly that brand that uses the Bible as a sword, Reverend Peter J. Gomes.

For the silver lining file... even in lean times, there are ways to help and to be helped. This is the case of businesses and individuals giving to local schools through supplies. Love it.

On a lighter note, I woke up Monday morning wondering when I would get those Girl Scout cookies I order what feels like so many months ago... and then I got an email that they were here... they are now safely hidden (from me) in the freezer. I can't wait to break open a box, and only thin mints ... they are the only kind I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment