Friday, March 25, 2011

if at first you don't succeed...

Today I decided, again, to be gentle with others and myself... I was going to rain down compassion on any situation or person that made my blood pressure rise.

It was a good plan ... but it was not exactly successful.

As I seethed and tried to calm down as I have way too much to do to spend ANY time being upset, I recalled this post by Jen Gray from earlier in the week.

It should be required reading for all adults.

You should read it, especially if you are feeling like you need to be rescued by the Friends of the Friendless (I LOVE LUCY reference). [Go to the Friends link to watch a piece; go to the Lucy link to read about the episode! You're welcome!]

Truthfully, it was remember my little pledge and some deep breaths that finally did the trick... back to the draft. I have to harness all my energy for this draft. SERIOUSLY.

And on the pledge, well, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again... here I go.

Some inspiration, courtesy of the NM sky:

No comments:

Post a Comment