Friday, January 28, 2011

just now...

I was writing an email to a friend about her budding relationship. Really, I was marveling at her skill in navigating this new terrain ... new in the sense she is new (or renewed through challenging personal work) and the relationship is new, but also that her approach to relationships is also new.

I had a warm feeling in my heart as I wrote her the email -- though I also admitted to the pang of jealousy that she had found someone... someone to practice this difficult dance with ... someone with whom, so far, she feels comfortable opening to. They do a lot of talking... it's a refreshing notion to think someone could be attracted to you for your personality and want to get to know you better.

I'm not jaded much. *wink*

I realized the song on the ipod was Sade's "It's Only Love that Gets You Through." How appropriate!

I thought I would share it with you... youtubed and lyrics follow. ENJOY and happy Friday.



It's Only Love that Gets You Through -- SADE
Girl you are rich even with nothing
And you know tenderness comes from pain
It's amazing how you love
And love is kind and love can give
And get no gain

It's down a rugged road you've come
Though you had every reason
You didn't come undone
Somehow you made it to the other side
You didn't suffer in vain

You forgive those who have trespassed against you
And you know tenderness comes from pain
It's amazing how you love
And love is kind and love can give
And love needs no gain

It's down a rugged road you've come
Though you had every reason
You didn't come undone
Somehow you made it to the other side
You didn't suffer in vain

You didn't suffer in vain
You know it's only love
That gets you through
It's only love, it's only love
Only love that gets you through

No comments:

Post a Comment