Tuesday, January 25, 2011

drafts folder empty


Yay... sometimes, drafting is unavoidable, the thought jumps in your head and you start a posting, but then you have some other pressing need that must be attended.

I don't mind posting the top of the head, meandering, uncrafted post.

In fact, I love the blog for that reason. Unlike other bloggers, I am obviously not trying to entertain or maintain some large bloggy following. I am not expecting to fund my graduate program through clicks to or through my blog.

For those who do, blogging is a full time job, see Dooce.com. Love her, and sometimes her posts even feel somewhat carefree, but I am always aware of the fact that they are drafted, crafted, revised and optimized before she pushes publish. It is not something that hinders my enjoyment in any way. It is just not why I have a blog.

I like in the moment. I use letting go here in the moment as therapy...so when there are posts in the draft folder, it is pressure.

Pressure free, I do hope to keep the blog posts up because I feel lighter when I can get stuff out here, whether interesting tidbits or personal entries. But this schedule has kept my journal pretty sparse. All right, it is unfair to blame the blog (why is it blame but claim? can't we just have one rule? -- sorry, this bothers me every time I have to write one of those words) because I didn't and haven't written in the journal as I have wanted to... but there is only so much writing energy around here between all the proposals and papers and abstracts and whatnot there is not a lot of anything left for blog and journal.

Oh...and don't play balderdash after writing three very intense papers (let's see, around 56 pages) because there are no words and no creativity left. I had to surrender my Thanksgiving balderdash crown just four short weeks later ... boo

Now back to piling up drafts in the folder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment