Monday, January 10, 2011

Highlights

For weeks I have been thinking about what I would write when I no longer had to be prompted. Now I stare at the blank screen and draw a similar blank.

I am in the shuttle on the way to the airport, and mother nature has seen fit to gift me with snow for my departure. [Yes that was last Friday...wrote several drafts that day.]

New York is nothing if not dramatic.

Beyond the truly wonderful, almost miraculous, friend time (I think the universe was truly on my side), I have some other memorable sights and experiences.

Here are the Highlights:
Uggs -- I seriously have never believed the hype, but Janella's extra pair were a godsend. Warm, comfy, quickly dried though not water proof... When I had to walk through unplowed and unshoveled areas, no issues! And no falls, though, perhaps I shouldn't speak to soon, still gotta get to and thru the airport.

Tour o Starbucks -- perhaps not the most imaginative of study spots for me, but I was using my card and gathering points. I was in sb in Brooklyn, on Wall Street, and in Harlem. Each with its own charm though none with the kind of service I am accustomed to...but still fairly uniformly polite.

Cosi -- unexpected outstanding service. Truly enjoyed my afternoon working there.

Cupcakes! -- the review: two thumbs up for the rainbow cookie cupcake and the banana something. Truth be told I bought that last one because it was the freshest. The red velvet was mediocre... Stick to the cake man for that, price aside, you won't be disappointed. But I would seriously order fresh cupcakes from this place, I think it was called king of cupcakes?! Down the block from Five Guys in Park Slope. I drove there with my live navigator so that really means nothing to me, but it might mean something to you.

God's Love We Deliver -- enough said

Highline Park -- wow...truly spectacular even in the winter. I wish I could count on lazy days of summer or fall to hang out there. The views are amazing but the style of the park is equally inspired. Love love love it.

There is plenty more but this long enough so it will have to keep for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment