Friday, January 21, 2011

BNA Sights


Let me just say that the Nashville airport, at least the terminal I was in, is huge. I felt like I had walked a football field by the time I got to baggage claim. But it is not all sterile corridors, everything is plush. If I tell you that one of the first sights was the Wild Orchid Bar or the Nashville Nails and Massage Bar would you be convinced?

I think someone trapped in an airport would want the airport to be BNA. That's all I am saying.

On the trip home, I arrived to the airport just as a huge chartered bus was letting off a giant group of people wearing suspiciously similar clothing.

I curbside checked my luggage to avoid the lines inside. Seriously, why do people insist on waiting inside when they can hand the luggage to the nice guys outside? It is only a tip you have to give ... no set price. Perhaps the 24 degree weather factored in, but the guys collecting luggage are out there all day, you only a few minutes.

Anyway, when I got to the security line, I was surrounded by the aforementioned folks, some were wearing red, others blue and a few had spiffy black jackets; all of them had embroidered: Advanced Auto Parts. If I had had the time or interest, I would have inquired as to the difference between colors and shirt or jacket type, but I was pretty sure that the black jackets came with a higher pay grade.

Instead of engaging my fellow passengers, I just observed and listened. They had been in Nashville for some kind of conference.

The best tidbit came from the man going through the security machine ahead of me. They had to go through his bag because there was a plastic bottle inside. It was homemade bbq rub. I asked if he was going to make bbq, and he said that in the Maine, where he was from, it was probably only likely that he would make hamburgers.

The TSA guy searching the bag was more interested in giving some suggestions on preparing hamburgers. I had to keep moving but I was pretty interested in that conversation. I loved that TN TSA was worried about getting Maine AAP rep the low down on making good grub rather than worrying about explosives... which reminds me that I haven't gotten around to talking about my TSA explosives experience.

Another day when I don't have something vital to my professional career hanging over my head. This was warm up.

Picture: me and Rosy, in front of the Parthenon, I was there ... but not really ready for the photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment