Monday, November 29, 2010

What may come...

Someone I have never met died yesterday.

(yes, there were probably many more people that I don't know ...)

I have been following this blog (at the request of another blogger I don't know personally) for many months now.

X (the blogger who asked us to follow B and L's blog) asked that as many people as possible pray for B and his wife, L. He was fighting cancer at a very young age only 6 months into their marriage.

It was heartbreaking to watch them go through it. But truthfully I derived a lot of inspiration from the strength, courage and love. I wished that I could will him to health. I knew there was nothing I could do. I don't even really pray.

All I could do, and did, was to hope that they would have the strength to handle whatever came their way.

This morning when I read the news, my heart broke into little pieces. I am heartily glad that B is no longer in the excruciating pain I have read about for the past six weeks. I cannot imagine how long it actually was so painful. He hid the extent of the pain for so long.

It is a different kind of pain for L right now. If I knew her I would write some cards and push then under her door and let her know that many hugs and much love is being sent her way.

It will not be easy. I know she has a good support system but they too need love and support right now.

Their story ... a love story, really... should teach us all to appreciate what we have more, to love more and complain less, to live life everyday like it is our last.

May B rest in peace, may his family find some solace in the way he lived his life and the love he spread around so thickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment