Sunday, November 14, 2010

the race

Yes, I did win, that is to say, I finished.

Let's just say that not training properly is not a good omen for an easy run. However, I only walked about 1/3 to 1/2 of the 11th mile.

Though I did profit from the advil fairy. Just past the 10th mile, my hip was starting to complain more loudly than I could ignore. This was on top of the many blisters I could feel growing. I just said to myself that the faster I got to the end the sooner I would be able to take something for my pain. Then as I approached the 11th mile water station, I looked down and there was a packet of advil. When I opened it, one of them was broken but I figured it would get into my blood stream faster.

Here are some things you don't have to worry about with regards to me and races...
I will never wear green or pink or purple tutus while running
I will not buy or wear a pink argyle matching outfit including compression leggings and little sweater.
I will not wear little beanie caps with propellers on top.

However, someday I might get a team shirt if there is a good enough reason for it.

This was a gorgeous run...highly recommended (other than the parking situation). I enjoyed being paced by the dolphins jumping up through the surf and watching the pelicans fly low over the surf...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishment! So proud of you...

    ReplyDelete