Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Refuge

I know, you don't have to start with all the corporate whore comments.

If you knew anything about me, you would know just how little they fit me.

But I will say it, I am a Starbucks person. I would love to be having a torrid love affair with a local coffee shop full of eccentric patrons and down-home baristas (is that even possible?).

I tried and failed to bond with the locals. They were full of pressure and devoid of comfort for me.

At sb I am a regular with all of the rights and privileges that entails and all I had to do was come here all the time and occasionally engage in minimalist sharing with the baristas. Incidentally they change too quickly to really bond but you can do the we all hang out here bonding with no trouble.

No strings attached.

And before you know it, there is your comfy chair waiting for you by the fire, your favorite drink perfectly crafted just to your liking and you can sit back and start your studying.

Refuge. Just what I needed after a super long day that in some ways has just begun.



Location:Historic U.S. 66,Albuquerque,United States

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way ~ I could go to any number of independents, but the customer service and friendliness of the sb barristas (especially near my work) wins me back!

    ReplyDelete