Monday, November 08, 2010

...

I am supposed to be writing my proposed plan of study and a statement of previous research and a personal statement...[don't worry, they are drafted]...but all I seem to want to do is write here.

Oh, and sleep.

Funny how these crazy application processes have got me posting something here almost every day. Expect me to hit a limit today.

I decided this morning that I would keep this open and write here whenever I wasn't writing on the drafts. Oh, and maybe put here all the parts that are getting deleted as extraneous over there ... it probably won't be pretty.

So, what often happens when I should be writing is that I am not sure of myself. Sometimes this looks like, I need more DATA ... have to research more, NOW... and twenty minutes later, I have three more docs to read and I am not any closer to just writing.

AHHHHH

Yeah... I did get a good chunk of the draft in better shape and I pushed a bunch of the words around for the rest of it; you know like you push your food around the plate to make it look like you've eaten some when you haven't.

If you don't understand that last part that you have either never been a petulant, persnickety child or anorexic. Bully for you.

And speaking of pushing food around a plate. A few months ago I had the most amazing chile that one of the ladies I was sitting with called push around chile...only because you can't really pick it up, you push it around with your tortilla or fry bread til you catch it. It was a combination of really hot red NM chile with beef jerky all ground up on someone's metate.

Um...if you have no idea what a metate or tortilla or fry bread is then you probably don't understand why I am spelling it chile and not chili...and well, I don't have the energy to explain.

Let's just say, chile and chili are two wildly different things.

And now this stream of consciousness has gotten completely out of hand, so back to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment