Friday, July 25, 2008

Professor Pausch

I woke this morning to the news that Professor Randy Pausch had passed away. I did see him on Oprah and watch his "last lecture" (posted below) a while ago. I was struck then by his fantastic attitude about life -- and the way he suggested that we should live each day to the fullest, not giving up on any of our dreams.

I realized this morning as I heard the folks on the radio remembering the professor that I am most inspired and moved by this courage in the face of adversity -- the healthy attitude people take when things aren't going their way. Not unlike the story I read about the woman with ALS who was living honestly with her disease and preparing her children for what was to come.

Well it makes me ashamed of myself for not going after my dreams more forcefully -- but that would invalidate the spirit. It should be a reminder to believe. To get up when you fall down. To dust yourself off when the roof seems to be caving in on you. In short, to live regardless of the amount of time you have in front of you.

May he rest in peace and may the universe hold his family close.

1 comment:

  1. I also saw Dr. Pausch on Oprah. What a gift he left his children. What a message he has left for us.

    ReplyDelete