Wednesday, July 02, 2008

summer flurries

Friday I get on a plane for Seattle and then Saturday, I get on a boat bound for Alaska...
so the summer flurries are here... flurries of activity that is.

We have been planning this trip for TWO years. You would think that I would be better prepared for it by now. We (the family sans one brother who is clearly too good for us) are going on this cruise to Alaska (aboard the LOVE BOAT, of course) to celebrate my mother and father's 50th wedding anniversary.

Yes, you read correctly 50 YEARS. Who knew anyone stays married that long anymore... I thought as I counted how many years I would be celebrating TODAY (my un-anniversary -- maybe anti-anniversary? not sure which is more appropriate since I am obviously not anti the concept) if I hadn't liberated myself from the tortuous marriage several years ago. [14 years, if you must know, yes, 14 years to this day I made a big mistake - hopefully the biggest mistake so that I don't have to go anywhere near that disaster again!]

Just a taste of what is going on... (from my to do list)
Drop off dry cleaning
Pick up dry cleaning
Buy Chocolates (For the "favor boxes"!)
Print Wedding Photos (mom and dad's wedding photos)
Pick up Photos at Walgreen (mom and dad through the years)
Buy Camera Memory Card (Thanks, Rosio and Gabe, for making this possible!!)
DO LAUNDRY
PACK
Clean turtle's tank
Buy turtle MORE fish (she has eaten $5 worth of fish in the past five days... )
RUN at least three times this week (um, need to get ahead of cruise food)
Walgreens or Longs run
Find HANDS FREE set -- free on distributed in Alameda THURS morn
Set VCR to tape faves (I know, how retro of me...I don't have cable, so this IS the only alternative)
Charge Ipod
Download PodCasts!
Get BOOKS from the library (I listen to ipod while reading, too)

I only listed the items that are pertinent to the trip... embedded in the actual list are MANY MANY more items that must get done before FRIDAY at 7am. Not the least of which is finishing some of the draft blogposts!

Happy Wednesday! [How did it get to be WEDNESDAY so soon????]

No comments:

Post a Comment