Sunday, July 06, 2008

Fireworks in Seattle

As I watched the fireworks exploding in the sky it was still hard to grasp that it was the Fourth of July -- long day traveling, exercising, little to no sleep, worried about family dynamics and, finally, seeing an old friend -- someone I hadn't seen in 16 years! -- it just didn't feel like Independence Day.

What was independent about it?

Maybe it was that I was feeling a little closed in from the tip of the iceberg on family togetherness... I was trying to balance the need for compassion and open mindedness and the distinct sense that I was in for seven days of no alone time.

Perspective: this week is all about my mom and dad... everything else is and should be secondary.

Universe: send as much compassion my way as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment