Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nelson


90 years... today.

You can read Nelson's birthday message to the world on the title link, and learn a little about his foundation.

In his message, Nelson reminds us that if we have, we should give because others don't have.

I just want to mark his birthday and the richness of his life and the better we are for having the great opportunity to share the world with someone like him.

Coincidentally, I was reading about another remarkable man this morning...

Since I didn't know who he was, I am guessing others don't either, so I thought I would share his story.

We have so much more than we realize that we can share with others.

If you haven't donated to your favorite charity yet this year, today, I challenge you to dig into your hearts and pockets and give something, anything. It feels good, I promise. Especially in these times of financial distress, when you choose to give of yourself it makes everything you do have all that more meaningful and all that you don't have less important.

Still not convinced? Listen to this about giving and receiving.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment