Monday, July 14, 2008

preview

After several hours wrestling with the canon website, I found a posting online who could tell me how to download the software that would release the photos from the camera. {Becknell -- YOU ROCK!}


Needless to say, I am out of time to actually compose a thoughtful post, but I thought I should share a couple of the shots I got on the first day.


Keep in mind that I have never used a digital camera; I didn't have a manual; I didn't think to practice before we got to Juneau...


[Backstory: a good friend had her husband send me a digital camera that they were no longer using so that I could take pictures in Alaska with something other than my camera phone. I hustled around looking for a 1gig compact flash memory card -- no small feat -- because it is the largest memory card this camera can handle. I found it on the Thursday before I left for Seattle to catch the boat!]


This is where I would like to make my new summer home (the first of many I wanted to claim on this trip)...



The family enjoying a little togetherness on the whale watching trip; note there were at least four cameras in our family taking in the views.

Here is the Mendenhall Glacier


This picture is just ok... it cannot capture the majesty of this incredible place!

More soon... maybe I can even figure out how to "process" these photos!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos & you made it happen, you 1st timer you!!!

    The photo of the glacier is awesome.

    Did you actually spot any whales?

    Bygbaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! We actually saw whales first thing when we entered the inner passage on the cruise ship; then on the whale watching we got closer to them. Within the first half an hour we encounted a mama humpback with her calf! So cool... I really didn't know how to use the zoom function, but I am working on getting the shots I have zoomed and trimmed... and up on the site soon.
    Also, my sister was taking photos with her super dooper camera and she has pledged to share her shots as well!

    ReplyDelete