Saturday, January 27, 2007

Heartbreaking Courage

Though I wish that loving honesty about very difficult subjects were "factory installed" parenting skills, I have to admit that I am continually impressed and surprised to see the courage to be honest with your children.

I don't know if these folks would be as readily able to talk to their children about politics, sex or life in general, but I suspect that this experience will make them all treasure honesty more than your average bear.

Perspective is a magical thing. Here's to Aimee and her wonderful family. We all have something to learn from them.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great article. It was so inspiring to read about how they are dealing with everything on such a realistic level. Seems that life would be so much easier if we could celebrate life just by merely living it with truth. Not sure that makes sense as I only know the tranquility that the article inspired within me despite the topic.

    ReplyDelete