Monday, January 29, 2007

Wrong on so many levels

Apparently these folks have never heard of the golden rule, karma or common decency.

I just don't care how righteous you feel, planning a party to celebrate someone's death is just wrong.

On my blog-versary, this is not my first choice of blog topic. Why or why could this story not have come out yesterday? Oh well, enough...too tired to fight it.

Open note to the Cubans in Miami:
Here it is, get over it.
You have been living in the U.S. for over fifty years now. Your kids don't want to go back; you don't either, if you are really honest with yourselves.

Get over IT.
Get OVER it.
G-E-T O-V-E-R I-T.
Please.

If you want any of us to take you seriously, do something that is not vengeful and vindictive. Mourn your lost love, if you must, but show us something, anything that isn't wrapped up in having lost power and possessions, to prove that we should care.

I just want you to dig deeper than your pity party for a moment and see if there is anything else of substance there.

Yikes, this is harsher than I meant it to be; it's been a long day.

Maybe try reading the articles that went with the last two blog entries and see if there is anything there that resonates with you. Does it make you think that maybe turning the other cheek is more than just a cute saying those people in your church use to adorn their holier-than-thou speeches?

I think I should stop now, it's not getting any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment