Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The adventure begins

Why am I traveling with so much stuff? I have already pared down one bag and four books (I am desperately trying to be realistic about what I will read in the next five days, two ten plus hour train rides not withstanding), and I still have way too much stuff.

(Yes, I am reveling in writing long complicated sentences without a professor looking over my shoulder.)

So, the list of things I am carrying:
Camera bag - now weighed down by laptop power cords and all the charging equipment.
Bag of goodies - breakfast, lunch and whatnots. Why didn't I pack the bottle of vitamins in my luggage??
Backpack - super heavy with a laptop, all the purse contents, three books, binder full of unread articles and notebooks. My back already hurts and I have only walked four blocks in search of tea.

Too many and heavy bags aside, the crisp air and slight wind combine with the warehousey vibe here near the train station to make this city I know so well feel like new, unexplored territory.

Adventure is in the air!!

I love train travel.

I already have a list of things to do besides read, so I am hoping to focus enough on getting some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment