Monday, November 09, 2009

teeny tiny victories

I was telling my co-hort mates about a gentleman I see almost everyday on my to classes. He stands outside the retirement home - across the street - so I don't know if he lives there or in the apartments across the street. In my mind, he doesn't live there -- but he has a crush on someone over in the retirement home, so he gets up early just to sit there and wait for her to come out of the building. You see where my mind always goes.

What I do know is that I usually see him with a cigarette and a cola ... I think to myself every time I see it: breakfast for champions!

Every morning when I see him, I say good morning to him - if I happen to have my earphones in, I turn down the sound to see if he will respond. Usually he ignores me ... sometimes he coughs in my direction, but he never responds.

A classmate asked, why do you keep saying good morning to him?

I keep asking because someday I may get a break through...

So, this morning, I got what might be considered a little teeny tiny breakthrough... I said, good morning, he nodded in my direction.

I will not be giving up... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment