Monday, November 30, 2009

aloud

There are some things that you think that you cannot say aloud -- or, rather, that you should not say aloud.

I was telling someone the other day that I have few filters -- but that isn't really true. I am perfectly capable of filtering when necessary. It's just that I disagree with the "necessaryness" of censoring so often.

My little sister's motto is KIR -- aka Keep It Real or Keepin' it Real... and she pays for it when she has to, but she does speak her mind and then move on.

I feel more and more pressed here in New Mexico to censor and it makes me itch all over... yes as in it gives me hives.

So, I decided maybe I should keep a little record of things that have crossed my mind that I wanted to say -- or put up as a facebook status -- and then thought "better" of it. Especially since it feels like I am the only one reading this, it should be safe...

I'll post it up on November 30 -- and it will be my final entry for NaBloPoMo...

Living in New Mexico seems to be an open invitation for any man to let his hair grow long ... is it a fashion statement, political statement or just laziness?

I am physically repulsed by the many, egregious advertisements advocating buying women's love with jewelry... yuck... I mean, I sort of get it... but it's disgusting. Not to say that no one should receive jewelry or wanted jewelry or anything of the sort. Just that I have a very bad association with the buying of love or forgiveness. I have always hated the idea of buying someone with an engagement ring ... but then my ex-husband did a really terrible thing and bought me jewelry -- not to try to buy my forgiveness, mind you, but to show my family what a great all around guy he was.

Sick, disgusting, yucky... but, by all means, buy someone some jewelry for Christmas, and make sure it is one of those terrible designs that demonstrate your staying power or love or marriage.

Yeah, and by the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment