Monday, March 30, 2015

Re-entry chats

My dad likes to tell me, or let me know in other non-verbal ways, that I am not needed here.  He is just fine on his own.

So, when he stands outside my door sheepishly waiting for me to ask him what he needs, I know that something is up.

Me: What do you need, Dad?
Dad:  Do you feel like climbing up on the roof?
Me:  Huh?
Dad:  There's a leak in the solar panels that go to the water heater.
Me: And how does me climbing the roof help?
Dad: I need you to take pictures of the leak and then I will figure out how to fix it.
Me:  Couldn't we call the plumber?
Dad: I don't need help…

Yeah….this was my re-entry after nearly three weeks away. 

The universe would like me to know, nothing has changed here.

We are working on negotiating the idea that alternate plans might be available.  We have still not really been able to agree on that yet, but I am trying to remain hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment