Friday, October 03, 2014

YUMMMMMM

I made a super quick trip to LA to go over some paperwork with my sis-in-law, so I suggested we go to Central Market so I could try Wexler's pastrami .... well, when I got to the place, I remembered I also wanted to try their lox and smoked sturgeon.

The most endearing older gentleman, like me, had been reading about Wexler's and decided to try it out.  He was there specifically for the corned beef sandwich ... and a phosphate -- chocolate soda-ish for those, like me, who have no idea what it is.

I was  undecided but also determined to have both of the things I wanted.  The gentleman suggested that fish might not keep for the train ride home, hot as it was pledged to be.  I treated myself to the bagel/lox for brunch and decided to take the pastrami and extra pickle home for dinner.

Still, I had to decide lox or smoked sturgeon.  The lovely woman helping me suggested I could have half and half -- so I did ... um, so delicious.

I was all terrific even though I did have to share my pastrami with mom and dad in lieu of making a real dinner.

And I watched them make my food ... and the gentleman introduced me to the owner.  And there was plenty of eye candy working there, too ... all in all, super tasty.

Can't wait to go back and try something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment