Wednesday, November 02, 2011

what's the news?

Sharing these pieces with you while I get other drafts in more solid form.

Enjoy!

I would vote for this plucky lady if only to have someone in office that is interested enough to get in there and fight.

In that vein, I share with you Steve Lopez's latest thoughts on Occupy LA ... I find those camping out to be as unengaged in real change as those they oppose.  I know, I am a hard ass and my age is showing.  I don't care... I reiterate, these issues are too serious to be dabbling in advocating change through ?? because we have still not heard any solutions... just complaints.  I can do that from the relative comfort of the space that I pay to occupy.  Okay, moving on...

The boys in the barber shop were quite entertaining this week... but my favorite part was when Michele mirrored back to them ... "you guys are so NPR..." it is just right!

A little hometown pride (I love everything about this story, except the context that created it; but I do love the silver lining) ... and then some more (love that we might be part of the Cesar Chavez tour). Oxnard, oh how I did not appreciate you when I lived there...

We are closing in on the majority minority country... what will we call it then?

Happy to see both that these ladies were honored as the homecoming royals and that they put into perspective the notion of "tradition".  Say what you want about teenagers these days; they engage the world around them in ways we never did.

 Finally, I need to put in this piece on sb's new initiative.  I will be watching to see if this sparks neighborly feelings or even a movement ... to be part of the solution rather than just protesting.

I was in the local sb last Sunday when the staff had a meeting which included this campaign.  Super interesting stuff... but now I need to go really write... somewhere there is no internet.

Que recuerdes tus seres queridos hoy ... especialmente los que ya no estan en este mundo con nosotros.
Feliz dia de los muertos...

No comments:

Post a Comment