Friday, November 04, 2011

A Day Late...

That Time of Loving

That time of loving may not come again
and so I've saved the old loves one by one
to call back when the leaves fall down
and winter covers all the town
and now is next to nothing 
compared to where I've been.

That time of loving may not come again
or if it does it might not be the same
the loves remembered, those that last
have caught me living in the past
for now is next to nothing
compared to where I've been 
and that time of loving may not come again.

-Rod McKuen

I didn't forget about the Thursday ritual of poetry that I tried to start a couple of weeks ago... just got caught up in some other stuff.

A friend gifted me a book of McKuen's poetry over ten years ago ... and I thought a man from Oakland might have something to say about the happenings right now.  Also, it fits my mood.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment