Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Tuesdays Are Crazy

I had every intention of writing a real post for today ... but then the weekend boot camp kicked my ass... actually, it went very well, but the boot campers needed my full attention, so none of my work got done.  Monday, then, turned into super work day and with that and laundry and worrying about driving to Gallup in the *snow* -- this post never happened.

I can report there was only a dusting of snow and it had stopped before I got there... it was only 32 degrees, but no precipitation on the road. 

Here are some articles I have been enjoying when I should have been writing a post or something for class...

Sentimental favorite about craigslist and missed connections.

This should be included in some erudite posting about education -- because I think it will end up being useful for me to consider for my dissertation, but I throw it in here anyway.  No time to be erudite today.  Or at least right now, gotta get some energy for erudite for this evening.


Another educational issue that interests me ... veterans going to college.

I am feeling like I need to write a really long piece (perhaps not just for the blog) about college ... how much it costs, why students have so much debt, and how to cut through the bull on the issue.  This is NPR's take on it, for what it's worth.


This one is on the grade the teacher craze ... this time in Tennessee.  We have to engage this issue because it is not going away ... and only through critical engagement can we have any hope of making the best of it.

Crazy abounds in this news round up ... this one is the midyear budget adjustment in California and its impact on public education.  Not the deliberate insertion of public in the subject.

Turns out this is an educational news round up after all (except the craigslist missed connection piece
- but everyone needs a study break!).

No comments:

Post a Comment