Friday, November 11, 2011

a friday jumble

This is why it is difficult to take the occupy movement seriously.... seriously, one day you are shouting down the tellers and the next week you are depositing dollars there instead of the credit union around the corner... um, yeah.
Dolly keeping it real; swiped from the LA Times.

RIP Bil Keane... Family Circus (along with Peanuts and Garfield) was one of my preferred comic strips as a child ... loved that family, felt like I was part of it ... even though they were super white.  Billy, Dolly, Pj and Jeffy, they were my peeps ... [Yes, in case you were wondering, I was a newspaper addict at a very young age.  My father got me my own LA Times subscription when I was in middle school.  My mother thought it was extravagant.  Little did they know that I was building towards a near obsession with reading the news ... who know the internet would come along and open me to news from SO MANY SOURCES?!]

I am not sure if Steve Jobs was really trying to protect our battery life or not, but I appreciate that the battery hog will not inhabit my mobile device... but I am sorry that Adobe is in financial straits... they have provided free and useful programs for a long time ...

What else needs to happen before we recognize the toll that a permanent state of war is taking on our troops.  Please bring them all home, now.  And in honor of veterans' day, please donate to this organization if you are looking for a way to honor our troops... we need less yellow ribbons and flag waving and more real support for the returning troops and their families.

You know that economic times are truly at a critical stage when the two Princetons finally decide to become one??  I almost missed this because I have not been keeping up with the Trenton Times, luckily for me The LA Times is on the case.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love latimes.com???

In the spirit of everyone should be able to participate in whatever they deem appropriate, I offer this... it is not my cup of tea, but why should that hold her back?

RIP Harry Pachon... too many folks don't know what a mover and shaker this man was ... I didn't know he was Colombian ...

Everything about this story makes me want to cry. First of all, I don't think that these two words should ever have to be strung together "homeless mother" - and why does the story not tell us where her son is?! 

The intensely personal writing is going into the journal right now... but I think some of the substance may see the light of day here, soon... just not sure when.

No comments:

Post a Comment