Thursday, May 06, 2010

S'bucks to the Rescue

Ok, I will admit it publicly, I already wrote it in the paper.

I am an s'bucks regular. There, I said it. As though you hadn't already noticed.

Call me a corporate whore if you like. I won't deny it.

When I couldn't get Internet at the airport for free in Burbank (after having it free in abq and phx), I decided to ask if there was a walkable s'bucks. And there was!!

So, flashy gold card in hand, I rolled on over. The airport was going to put me out at 9:30pm anyway. They will close here in a few minutes.

But there is a chance my sis will get here by then. If not, I have my hot chocolate in hand and internet access either inside or sitting outside.

Life is good. Or at least predictable.

Oh and California how I have missed you.

I stepped into the crosswalk and the guy in the prius thinking about turning red on right way on the other side of the road stopped short. Yes a pedestrian caused that.

I have already had two in depth conversations with total strangers that I did not start. And that was with headphones on and nose in a book for one of them.

Yeah. These are my people -- SoCal.

NM may be my destiny, but SoCal is my home.

The usual frustrations will appear in time, but they are generally known quantities. And with only three days in Mecca, the nostalgia is likely to mask them.

Hope wherever you are, you feel at home!!




Location:N Hollywood Way,Burbank,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment