Thursday, May 27, 2010

Flexibility

I made it out for that run this morning, rearranged my schedule to get some archive work in and wanted to treat myself to a little reading at the starbucks and some eye candy and then I locked myself out of the house.

I still brought myself to the s'bucks but there was no eye candy to be had - until just now. He just walked in as I started to write this.

Hmmm. I was just about to leave when ... I guess I will update you later on this little development.

So... I took a moment to chat with the hm since he came and sat right in front of me. I had intended to finish up the blogspost and head out into the wider world to take care of my craziness (locking myself out of the apartment, that is). When I saw him coming in I was in sheer disbelief and contemplated staying, but then he told me his son was on his way. I decided that I would let them have their chat and be on with my business.

But the son tarried a bit and hm and I got a minute to chat. Then he actually introduced me to his son. That was nice. He had an odd look on his face, like not another one, dad. In case there was any doubt that dad has been a player since the divorce. Ah, well, hm introduced us and the son took my hand firmly and looked me in the eye without a smile. There is a part of me that would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for the conversation. I wonder if hm told his son about the missed connection posting... or that they were together there at that very sbucks at that very table when I first saw the hm. HMMMM....

In any case, flexible has been the word of the day for several days now... starting on Tuesday night when my internet went down, mere hours before I was to have an eight hour shift ... the dollars of which I was already spending in my mind. Let's just say that a little troubleshooting of my own and then twenty minutes with the tech guy on the phone, I still had no internet and was facing -$120. They, by the way, promise 99.99% solution rate ... yeah, let's just say I was the .001%. Eventually, I went out on a limb and diagnosed the problem myself and SPED to the mall to get a replacement modem before they closed. And apparently I gave the mall employee some attitude, but then again he didn't charge me so it might be ok to throw a little attitude once in a while...or a lot as the case may necessitate. I "fixed" it by getting the new modem and installing it, and worked that shift... can I buy my camera now? Or should I get the custom boots??

Today, I worked out the locked out situation ... and while I was out and about took care of other business, so it turned out alright. Though I was not as productive as I wanted to be... that's how the ball bounces. Off to get drinks.

Location:Central Ave SE,Albuquerque,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment